Error 500 after installation

Error 500 after installation

Thursday 26 May 2005 7:19:14 am - 7 replies

Mehmet Metin

Thursday 26 May 2005 11:41:13 am

Same problem here!

Gene Snider

Friday 27 May 2005 8:15:44 am

"So now I found out it has to do with php, cgi and URLs with "index?/etc...".

Can you put in the exact URL you are having problems with? This example would not be valid on most servers. I would expect something more along the lines of:

www.foo.com/index.php/gallery

or something similar.

Does your hosting company support php? It's not clear from your message if they do or not. You must have php and cgi capability to use ezPublish.

David R

Saturday 28 May 2005 4:54:54 am

@ Gene
"So now I found out it has to do with php, cgi and URLs with "index?/etc...".
Was ment as an example. Actualy every page with an string like "index?/projekt/something/" will bring an Error 500.

> Does your hosting company support php?
Yep, they do. And any other CMS (including Typo3) is running.

A nice weekend
David

Frederik Holljen

Saturday 28 May 2005 9:11:57 am

Can you explain where you get URLs like "index?/etc"? I can't think of any configuration that gives you URLs like that.

David R

Sunday 29 May 2005 8:35:40 am

So I did a last try on the installation.
Kept everything basic:
- Standardlanguage (English)
- Design Plain
- No AddOns

And suprise it worked out. So there seems to be a problem on one of the "extended" Parts of the system.

No lets see what eZ can do ;-)

ciao
David

Gene Snider

Sunday 29 May 2005 5:45:08 pm

David,

In an extremely rare event I agree with Frederik, the URL you are putting doesn't sound right even as an example.

"Was ment as an example. Actualy every page with an string like "index?/projekt/something/" will bring an Error 500."

What is the question mark ('?') doing in the example? Is that a problem with fonts?

Also the use of index ( by itself ) is incorrect, your URL should look something like this:

http://www.foo.com/index.php/page_name
or
http://www.foo.com/corporate/page_name

Where 'corporate' is the style you selected at installation.

Ben Devonport

Wednesday 29 June 2005 3:03:30 am

Hi there,

not sure but I was reading all about the "error 500:" but still have no idea how to get the problem solved ? My host is also 1und1 and I had no problems in the past with php or cgi.

Can some one help me ?
Cheers

Ben

pixeltransfer design studio
Auckland
New Zealand
Aotearoa

pixeltransfer (at) yahoo.de

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!