Share » Forums » Developer » XMLArea extension development

XMLArea extension development

XMLArea extension development

Monday 20 December 2004 7:23:19 am - 216 replies

STEVO +

Friday 15 April 2005 3:46:53 am

pierre -

next person to ask that wins a prize. short answer: i will make it an option in the future but it's not a priority. long answer: http://ez.no/content/view/full/65026/(offset)/40#msg69068

brendan -

please be more specific; how are they being mangled? what browser are you using?

anyone -

any idea how i can get an absolute url for a site in a template? should i just use SiteURL in site.ini?

Eirik Alfstad Johansen

Friday 15 April 2005 3:58:59 am

<quote>
any idea how i can get an absolute url for a site in a template? should i
just use SiteURL in site.ini?
</quote>

That's usually what I do. However, I'm not sure if you are able to use the ezurl operator then, and if not I guess you will run into trouble with sites that have uri siteaccess mapping.

Sincerely,

Eirik Alfstad Johansen
http://www.netmaking.no/

Pierre Rigal

Friday 15 April 2005 4:01:56 am

so sorry...

STEVO +

Friday 15 April 2005 4:12:00 am

pierre - no worries. i'm just in a bad mood!

eirik - i think i've sussed it. try rev 582.

Eirik Alfstad Johansen

Friday 15 April 2005 4:40:32 am

Rev. 582 did the trick. Thanks a lot, STEVO!

Sincerely,

Eirik Alfstad Johansen

Brendan Pike

Friday 15 April 2005 6:28:09 am

Regarding the link problem.

I've updated to latest svn and still experience it. When I disable XMLarea the url is formated correctly, if I then publish with the editor disabled the urls work. But if I enable the editor (without touching any of the text body) and then publish the links will not work. I know this is not a very helpful bug report but it's all I have at the moment.

Also may I suggest you alter the link popup template to accurately reflect the state of the target selection.

Thanks
Brendan

www.dbinformatics.com.au

We are always interested in hearing from experienced eZ PHP programmers and eZ template designers interested in contract work.

STEVO +

Friday 15 April 2005 7:20:50 am

how do the links not work? please post:

- the url that is published when using xmlarea (ie 'view source' + find the relevant <a href="the_url">')
- what the url should be
- what you entered in the insert link box
- what browser + version you are using
- what version of eZ

i'll look into the target issue.

thanks

Brendan Pike

Friday 15 April 2005 7:38:50 am

- the url that is published when using xmlarea

www.abc.net.au

(no I didn't copy the text that is actually the source, there is no <a> tag info.

- what the url should be

<link href='http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1342675.htm' target='_blank'>www.abc.net.au</link>

- what you entered in the insert link box

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1342675.htm

- what browser + version you are using
Tested in FF1.02 & IE6.029 with identical results.

- what version of eZ
More likely the culpurit perhaps.
3.6.0 alpha1 (latest svn as of a few hours ago)

I'm happy to help try and debug this you can email me directly if you like brendan at dbinformatics dot com dot au

www.dbinformatics.com.au

We are always interested in hearing from experienced eZ PHP programmers and eZ template designers interested in contract work.

Brendan Pike

Friday 15 April 2005 7:47:00 am

Now that is very interesting! Notice in my above post the forward slash at the end of the href. I thought I must of done a typo so I re-edited my post and the slash isn't visible, not even when I copied and pasted into MS Notepad. Republish and the forward slash is there again. Maybe this is the reason my links are failing?

www.dbinformatics.com.au

STEVO +

Friday 15 April 2005 7:52:59 am

that is odd. however i think 3.6 is the problem it's got a new object + link spec. for the moment xmlarea is only compatable with 3.5.

Brendan Pike

Friday 15 April 2005 8:18:48 am

That's unfortunate news indeed, perhaps I was a little over zealous, this project started on 3.5 stable (sensible) but was forced onto 3.6 after a few serious 3.5 bugs arose. Do you have any feeling about when you may look at making it 3.6 friendly?

www.dbinformatics.com.au

STEVO +

Monday 18 April 2005 8:55:00 am

i'll prolly start on a 3.6 campatable version next month. i haven't looked to see how much work needs doing but i don't think it'll be too big a job.

Olivier Pierret

Thursday 21 April 2005 2:37:41 pm

Hello,

I hope not to ask sth already discussed...

Here it is:

I think some customers would be happy to ba able put *any* HTML tags they want in their pages. For the moment we are limited by the small set of ez publish supported tags in the XML Field attributes. Some customers may see the principle of separation of content and presentation as a annoying feature that prevents them from using all functionalities of HTML and the wysiwyg editor.

So my question is: is it possible to launch the htmlarea on text field attribute ? so that we can save whatever HTML tags we want i.e. be able to add other text enrichment like text alignment, font name, size and color and virtually all possibilities of HTML.

Thank you for your opinion and tips on this

also many thanks to Stevo et al. for their useful work and ideas given to the community.

Olivier

Eirik Alfstad Johansen

Thursday 21 April 2005 10:59:47 pm

Hi Olivier,

Check out this thread:

http://www.ez.no/community/forum/suggestions/online_editors

Sincerely,

Eirik Alfstad Johansen

STEVO +

Tuesday 26 April 2005 3:18:26 am

the latest revision implements xavier's idea to optionally show children instead of/aswell as related objects in the insert/modify object popup. configure this at the bottom of xmlarea.ini.

next on the list are:

implementing permissions
nicer insert internal link popup
compatability with new 3.6 embed syntax
old skool toolbars(!)
cleaning up + translations

Olivier Pierret

Tuesday 26 April 2005 6:24:15 am

Thanks a lot for the tip Erik - it helped me a lot to fulfill the needs of the customers.

Actually putting HTMLArea editor straight into a text field is a quick and powerful solution when you want to be able to use any HTML tags and not being limited by the ez publish xml tag.

Xavier Dutoit

Tuesday 26 April 2005 8:05:38 am

Glad to see you've put to work the children feature.

Where did you take the icons ?

I've added two custom tags :
- a "block" so to clear:both around a text+ float image (those who have more than two float images + short text knows what I mean),
- a float right text (kind of factbox, but I use it to put content into a sidebar column).

As I don't have the patience to draw these minatures, I was wondering if I'd could find a bank of them.

Any idea ?

http://www.sydesy.com

STEVO +

Wednesday 27 April 2005 2:24:21 am

i mostly just used icons that came with htmlarea. i don't know of any good repositories.

i've just fixed the target selection in the link popup + added the requested browse button for internal links.

STEVO +

Thursday 28 April 2005 3:14:43 am

the latest revision now only shows xmlarea to users granted access to the xmlarea module (they also need access to the layout module for the popups).

Zdenek Ziegler

Tuesday 10 May 2005 8:55:06 am

Hello,
I have one problem with xmlarea that I was not successful to work out.
When I press "toggle edit mode" button, every czech national characters becomes something like this: %u011B

I tried to change character set, but nothing changes. Is it possible to change some settings in xmlarea to display national characters correctly?
Thanks in advance,
Hi Zdenek

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu