[ share back ] [ how ? ] [ proposed topics ]
You probably found it very useful to have a large knowledge database freely available in the eZ Community. Tutorials and articles, ranging from how-tos explaining how to get started with eZ Publish, to advanced topics like performance optimization, through step-by-steps detailing the concrete usage of a specific component in eZ Publish, are the base material for knowledge exchange within the community. They allow for a constant, up-to-date educational process for all community members with no exception.
You may have faced a shortage of such material in a specific area, or simply feel like wrapping-up a real-life experience with everybody : it is time to share back, share your skills, openness and understanding of how a community works : write a tutorial.
It does not need to be a novel. A focused, to-the-point 2-steps tutorial is just as valuable as lengthier, broader-scope ones. Very visual and illustrated pieces of content are gold bricks, and even better, short screencast tutorials, accompanied with the necessary bits of descriptive textual content. We also help you focus on the content by providing you with a typical structure (a template document).
How to proceed
- Download this template and base your formatting on it. It ensures that all downloadable PDF versions are homogeneous, and gives key editorial tips : [ODT version] [DOC version].
- Contact us ( community @ ez . no ) from the moment you start writing, this will help us make sure efforts can be merged when two persons are writing on the same topic simultaneously.
- Send an email to community @ ez . no , attaching the article you wrote. The short review process will then start, back and forth with you, and once the submitted tutorial matches the set structure and expectations, it gets published on the community portal.
Please note that writing an article is the most remunerative activity in the Community Program (read more here) and that any submitted tutorial is eligible to receive the "Tutorial of the Year" award at the eZ Conference in june, each year.
Below is a list of topics the broad community would like to have knowledge on, which is currently missing or incomplete. These topics were harvested along time, and are not exhaustive. Should you feel something is missing, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org about this.
- How to easily set-up eZ Find and implement new facets in its search engine on an existing eZ Publish site.
- How to create your own advanced search page
- How to master relevancy tuning (boosting & ranking)
- How to index and search multiple sites
- How to indexing an external data source
- How to use geo-tagging and eZ Find
- How to extend and customize eZ Flow
- Make an iPad optimized siteaccess for your eZ Publish site
- Using XML export extension to automatically export content to various destination and under various format including: Native eZ Publish XML, NewsML and Indesign
Cloud, Hosting, Performances & System
- How to create and rollout an EC2 virtual machine for eZ Publish and host it on the cloud
- Install the MsOffice-Ooo conversion utilities to have your ez Publish working with the microsoft suite
- How to write a Cluster-friendly extension
- How-to use a reverse proxy with eZ Publish
- How to use eZ Publish's static cache
- Fine-tuning day : step-by-step optimization of your eZ Publish site
- How to configure eZ Publish with content delivery platforms for high traffic sites. How you can deliver advanced caching with the eZSI extension and still have content pushed immediately when published.
- Content modelling with eZ Publish. How you can easily mold the content in eZ Publish to fit your needs and how this information can be re-used in multiple channels.
Edition & styling experience
- How to install and use the Style Editor efficiently on your website.
- How to edit rich content using Online Editor 5.x
- How to customize eZOE
- Make edition available from more places with edit handlers
- Advanced analytics with eZ Publish. How you can integrate click-paths, landing page measurements and more with tight (Google Analytics) integrations.
- CRM integration with eZ Publish. How to push actions from CMS directly into (SalesForce) CRM for efficient customer followup.
- How to write your own workflows and better use triggers & operations
- Create interactive workflows using the notification system
- Custom XML import and export from the eZ Toolbar, build your own !
- How to import simply some existing data in eZ Publish
- How to setup Eclipse for eZ Publish development
Happy sharing !