Share » Forums » Setup & design » Always the same errors, EZSW-051 &...

Always the same errors, EZSW-051 & EZSW-040.

Always the same errors, EZSW-051 & EZSW-040.

Thursday 02 June 2005 6:19:10 am - 23 replies

Marco Zinn

Thursday 09 November 2006 11:56:58 am

Hm, just a quick guess:
"* EZSW-051Unable to install package 'news': Can't install object 'News': Unable to fetch class with remoteID: a3d405b81be900468eb153d774f4f0d2." ... sounds to me, as the installer just is not able to install the "news" class, which is one of the packages of your chosen site.
Do you have a 'var' directory, with enought access to it? Your webserver user (wwwrun or so) must be able to create files in this dir. Maybe you have to create it using FTP and assign enought file system permissions for it.
The installer will take the package files, extract them to the server harddisc and install them from there (create classes, install templates etc). If it cannot extract the file, this will stop the installation.

Marco
http://www.hyperroad-design.com

Klaus Mezger

Friday 10 November 2006 1:53:58 am

Hi Claudia
Hi Marco

I retried an installation with version 3.8.6 using a "Plain Site" template. I also gave all the ez directories all rights to all users.
All worked well again until the last step. After the "Registration Page" I receive the message

----
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/web343/html/ez2/kernel/setup/steps/ezstep_create_sites.php on line 978
Fatal error: eZ publish did not finish its request

The execution of eZ publish was abruptly ended, the debug output is present below.
----

Inspecting the zstep_create_sites.php file didn't help a lot. It seems that the statement
Line 977: $dataMap =& $templateLookObject->fetchDataMap();
failed, so that the following statements couldn't be executed.

Unfortunately, I cannot spend more time in exploring the mods of ezPublish, because this becomes too time consuming. Maybe I do another attempt later.
In between I fight further with Typo3, that is less consistent in the system architecture, bizarr in its "Typoscript", but very stable and robust.

Thank you anyway very much for your help :-)

Klaus

Tom Pasley

Monday 22 December 2008 4:18:28 pm

Hi,

I think some of these errors might be due to the permissions you establish the initial account for your database access in mysql/pgsql... I noticed in my logs that there was permission trouble due to not being able to lock a table (I had set up restrictive permissions for that account). I also increased my memory limit to 90M, and my maximum execution time to 120 seconds.

hope this helps!

Tom

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu